Monday, November 22, 2010

Food for Thought (revised)


Food for Thought, the student run cooperative cafe offering the most sustainable coffee on campus and vegan/vegetarian meals, may not be the hidden destination that it once was. This cafe located in the basement of Smith has been a sort of refuge for me in between classes. There are posters and flyers to graze near the coffee as people chatter. Events and live music are the norm and students get a chance to put up their artwork along the walls as it gets rotated every term. There’s a buzzing of energy here. Every tuesday night the space hosts an open mic at 7pm. I find myself here one rainy day and I meet with my friend Rylee to catch up on every little detail. We strike up discussion about current events and ongoings and I find comfort in the sense of community that is ever present here. Rylee does too. That’s why we come to FFT and have been ever since we started going to PSU. -Haley Keegan

No comments:

Post a Comment